Sunday, July 1, 2018

First Post: D&D 5th Edition Character Sheets

I've spent years designing character sheets for various RPG's that only a handful of people have ever seen or used.  It is time to share them.  I also love drawing character sketches and have drawn HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS.  It's time to share some of them too.  This is an experiment, as I have never blogged before, so please bare with...

Nothing is more fundamental to a Role-Playing Game than the character sheet.  Very rarely, if ever, do I see a character sheet for a published game and not want to tweak or completely redesign it.  I know hard work was put into many of them, and some are beautiful, but how many are practical and user friendly?  Subjective I suppose.  For me a character sheet must be eye-catching, practical, and atmospheric.

Over the course of time I will be posting Character Sheets for the following games:  D&D 5E, Pathfinder 1E, Dark Heresy, Mongoose Traveller 1E and 2E, Cyberpunk 2020, Symbaroum, Numemera, Savage Worlds, Palladium Games, Mutants & Masterminds, Anima, Iron Kingdoms, Lamentations of the Flame Princess,  and others.  Many of these have multiple versions (especially Traveller -- at least a dozen.)

Let's start with the most popular game out there...

This is my standard version for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition.






Below is the Spell Sheet.







Here is a link to both files combined.




And here's one of my character sketches.




That does it for now.









4 comments:

  1. Be great if there was a single file (that I don't need to make) that is front/back for the character sheet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. I have so many of these files that are separate from each other that were never intended for public consumption. As I do this I will try to make it more convenient. Learning as I go. Once again, Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Updated link is above...but I forgot how to rename it. Yikes.

      Delete

Unnamed Traveller Girl

As rolled up with the Mongoose Traveller RPG 2nd Edition 2022 Update, a book I was at first skeptical about... Initial stats: Strength: 4 (-...