Tuesday, November 20, 2018

New OSR Logo


I did not want to touch this topic with a 10' pole, but new OSR logos are all the rage these days.

This one came to me while driving around.  I don't know where it came from, maybe I was stuck in traffic just long enough for my mind to wander in that direction.  With I-75 and I-696 both under reconstruction, driving around Metro-Detroit has become a serious pain.  Anyhow, when I thought of this configuration I knew it was a winner and couldn't wait to work on it.

The OSR seems to be experiencing a schism right now.  I am not a major player in the OSR and I speak for no one.  RPGs for me are like Holy Ground, and thus, Neutral Ground.  I don't care who you are, what you believe, who you love or hate or vote for, you're welcome at my table.  I follow blogs by people who I know see the world differently than I do.  I buy products designed by people who's lifestyles are on the other side of the universe than mine.  Some of these products are mindbogglingly good, and I don't want their creators to change one bit, even if that means we are worlds apart.

D&D unites us.

So I'm making this logo available for anyone to use, unconditionally.

This logo is Neutral Ground.

Even the Kurgan behaved himself in church.

6 comments:

Unnamed Traveller Girl

As rolled up with the Mongoose Traveller RPG 2nd Edition 2022 Update, a book I was at first skeptical about... Initial stats: Strength: 4 (-...