|3rd-level Fashion Model|
Stress: 9, Poise: 16
We daydream about the apocalypse.
We fantasize about danger.
We pretend we could take it.
But in a crazy world that seems to be on the verge of catastrophe every single day, eventually the shit will hit the fan and those of us that remain may find ourselves longing for less adventure as we relax to a nice ol' game of...
Papers & Paychecks!*
Yes, a game where you play as a 3rd-level Engineer, a 1st-level Plummer, a 4th-level Lawyer, a 5th-level Accountant, a 6th-level Nurse...
- Hit Points are called Stress. You would lose Stress by failing rolls. Reaching 0 Stress might result in a nervous breakdown or some such thing that causes you to retreat from society.
- Narcotics temporarily restore Stress at the risk of addiction and/or death.
- Armor Class is called Poise, perhaps affected by your level and fashion accessories.
- Dungeons would be events -- parties, weddings, conventions, disasters, vacations, etc. They might be a flow-chart, a point-crawl, or randomly rolled occurrences (challenges) interrupted by periodic preordained incidents. Longer, more stressful events would have a fixed number of minimum challenges.
- Saving Throws might be:
- Peer Pressure
- Getting fired from your job might result in negative levels, much like energy-drain, or at least pause your advancement.
- Getting arrested might cause a mandatory dip into the Criminal class.
- Failed rolls in prison or war cause twice as much Stress.
- Marriage, divorce, and children would be things that happen to you along the way that have both pros and cons that assist or hurt you with this roll or that.
- Character Sheets would definitely look like job applications or tax forms.
- Aging would come with both boons and banes.